Sunday, October 19, 2008

Run, Kellie, Run!

Next Sunday, I and some friends are running the Intercontinental 6k Fun Run. It starts on the Asian side and ends on the European side (hence the "intercontinental" part). The coolest thing about it? We get to run across one of the two bridges linking the two sides of Istanbul.

So of course I've been training - sort of. Given the semi-old-lady condition of my knees, I decided not to wear them out by training on concrete so I upped my time on the elliptical machine at the gym (I managed to do 7.75k in 35 minutes this morning! Not too shabby!). I have to admit, it feels damn good to have a training goal again. I've missed running.

http://www.istanbulmarathon.org/course.html

The bridge I'm running across (right side is Asia, left side is Europe)