Monday, January 25, 2010

SNOW DAY!

The snow in Istanbul continues! It has been snowing pretty much non-stop for the past 3 days which has snarled the city but also meant a "liberal leave" day for consulate employees; meaning if you didn't/couldn't make it to work, you could use a vacation day and stay home. I opted out of what I'm sure would have been a harrowing trip to work and instead tried to spend my additional day being productive. I have been only mildly successful at that (but at least my apartment is clean and relatively clutter-free now!). And since I have sufficient food and libation, I haven't left the house in three days. Out of boredom, I will probably try to make my way into work tomorrow - at least for a few hours.


The view from my windows today



The Bosphorus is over there. . .somewhere